I've had a reasonably productive day, which is a relief. I tend to panic myself when I fail to do any real studying and fall further behind than I already feel I am. Then the more I panic the less I achieve and it's a downward spiral that is familiar to others I'm sure.
However, I have managed to spend a silly amount of time this afternoon reading other people's TYSIC blogs and not studying at all! But hey, it's Friday and now I'm up to speed with everyone else it'll be easier to keep on top of things, right?
As for adding to my TYSIC challenge, I think I may follow the lead of several other Watsonians and include a "physical" (just had a flashback to the Crystal Maze there, very odd) challenge.
A few weeks ago I was coerced, while ever so slightly intoxicated, into jogging on a Saturday morning with my cousin. When the hazy memory of the conversation drifted back to me the following day I was unpeturbed in the knowledge that we were both drunk and talking nonsense as usual. Sadly my cousin is full of the mystical "get up and go" and she (possibly unfairly) held me to my agreement. Amazingly the jogging has been quite enjoyable and I'm not quite so close to total lardy unfitness as I had thought. Also, she has arrived at the jogging event each week MASSIVELY hungover from whatever exciting escapade she's been on the night before and has managed to run about the local park with me without vomitting. Props to her, I would have pulled a sickie on each occaision, I'm sure.
Anyway, my rambling story was slowling drifting towards a point somewhere...
To my TYSIC I am adding that I will endeavour to continue jogging weekly (at least) and generally improve my fitness and outdoorsyness. I may even be foolish enough to add in extras to this one as things such as the Sport Relief Mile crop up over the next ten years.
I quite like this blog thing. It's cathartic and like a diary that I can't misplace.
Friday, 19 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Give it a few months and you'll start saying you're a runner instead of a jogger. :-) I only started running under the duress of my lung doctor and after the first two weeks of utter agony I started to enjoy it too. Then came the wicking tops and the running websites... :-)
ReplyDeleteOnce you get a bit more confident I would definitely enter a fun run. I did the sport relief mile 2 years ago (in a 'slower than small child could run' 12 minutes!) and it was so much fun, even in the cold and wind. The great thing is that loads of people were walking so even though I was probably the slowest runner, I was faster than the people with buggies! :-)
Cheerio! Amy. xxx
A "runner", we'll see how it goes! Although it would make Dad proud (another crazy athletic type).
ReplyDeleteScarily, I really enjoyed it this morning even with the rain. I must be losing it...