I must try and organise myself into updating this thing a little more often than this! This week I will try and post a few more blogs on things I wanted to waffle about.
Anyhoo, for the time being a TYSIC update:
1. Get my PhD:
My second year of uni is now over, exams sat and nerves shredded. My results are published on 7th July so not long until the waiting is over. I'm currently doing a wonderful job of burying my head in the sand and forgetting about them for now.
Two out of the three placements I applied for have come back as rejections and I have heard nothing from the third, so I'm not holding my breath there.
The research project that we had previously been refused funding for is now going ahead! My programme leader harassed the Head of School into funding the project so I'll get paid for 8 weeks of lab work over the summer break - woohoo!! I'm terribly nervous and somewhat concerned that I won't live up to expectations. I have to do some literature research as background to present to who knows who before the practical stuff can start. Terrified!
2. Procrastinate less:
This has been quite successful since my return from Portugal. I've managed to achieve quite a lot although I fear the procrastination may creep back into my daily routine once I begin the literature research. I will try to keep it to a minimum.
3. Jogging:
Apart from a break of a week and a half due to the end of the exam period and the trip to Portugal Becky and I have managed to keep up our jogging regime. We have even upped the frequency from once to twice a week. Our regular lap with the evil hill has now also been upgraded to a longer lap with two even more evil hills. Two sneaky and more gradual inclines that are actually pretty steep if you look back down on them once you reach the top!
Mini-challenge revisited - Met Police Volunteers Programme:
After a slight hiccup with extracting a reference from my last employer without it being eaten by the HR department I have now been summoned for an interview in July! I have a huge vetting form to fill out so fingers crossed that it all goes well!
I think that's it for now. More ramblings coming soon (at least that's the plan...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment